Please read the following terms and conditions before browsing the Roncalli International Foundation site.
Updated – September 21, 2023
BY ACCESSING THIS SITE, YOU ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Please read this Policy carefully. If we decide to change this Policy, we will post these changes on this website so you will always know what information we gather, how we use this information and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. By continuing to access the site after an date, you accept the changes to the policy.
Our commitment to building and maintaining a relationship of trust.
The Roncalli International Foundation commits itself to deploying all possible efforts to protect the confidentiality of the personal information of its employees, funding recipients, partners, donors and other stakeholders. We acknowledge that, in order to maintain the trust the public has afforded us, we must be transparent and responsible in managing in an exemplary way information gathered and contained in our files.
In carrying out our various projects and activities, we will frequently gather and utilize personal information. Any individual from whom we collect information can expect that it will be protected with the greatest of care and used only with their consent.
The present Policy on Privacy and the Protection of Personal Information does not apply to third-party websites that can be accessed by clicking on links found on our website, and the Roncalli International Foundation assumes no responsibility for such third-party websites. If you do follow a link to a third-party website, you should examine that site’s policies on the protection of personal information prior to submitting any personal information.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE GATHER?
Personal information is any information that permits the identification of an individual or the contacting of an individual in particular. We may gather and process different types of personal information in the course of our activities and provision of services, including:
- professional and/or personal contact information, such as a first name, a family name, an address, an email address, date of birth, social insurance number and telephone number;
- information to be used for recruiting purposes, such as a curriculum vitae, information on education or work history, professional affiliations and any other information that might be relevant for potential recruitment by the Roncalli International Foundation;
- information pertaining to a donor’s giving history, to participation in Foundation events, to billing and financial information, such as a billing address, or information relating to a bank account or payment details;
- information that is needed in order for a grant application to be submitted to the Foundation, including identity documents, or the contact information of an individual representing an organization in Canada or in a country that will benefit from a project;
- We do not intentionally collect information from children or other individuals under 14 years of age. If you are a minor under the age of 14, do not provide us with any personal information without the express permission of a parent or tutor. If you are a parent or tutor and you have been made aware of your children having provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we discover that we have collected personal information from a minor we will remove the information from our servers;
- If you provide us information relating to another individual, we will presume that you are authorized to do so and that you have obtained the consent of that individual as to the gathering of the information, its use or its transmission for the purposes set out in this policy.
HOW DO WE GATHER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We gather your personal information from you directly, and also from our interactions with you, as follows:
- through our website;
- when you sign up for our newsletter;
- when you donate to the Foundation;
- when you apply for a position for which we are recruiting;
- when you become a Foundation volunteer;
- when you submit a grant application to the Foundation;
- when you fill out a form in order to participate in an event.
HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use personal information in one of the following ways indicated below, with your consent, or, as the case may be, on another legal basis. In all cases, we will indicate the reasons for which we are using your personal information:
- to communicate with you, either in the context of soliciting donations, or to keep you informed about our activities;
- to issue a tax receipt;
- in processing a grant application presented to the Foundation;
- for recruiting purposes, to enable us to process applications for employment and assess whether an individual meets the criteria for the position for which they are applying;
- to improve the content on our website;
- so as to be able to meet our legal, regulatory or risk management obligations;
- to prevent fraud and/or carry out a background check that may be required at any time by applicable law or regulation and/or best practices (if false or erroneous information is provided or if a fraud is detected or suspected, information may then be transmitted to fraud prevention organizations and may be saved by us or by such organizations).
We will only use personal information for the purposes described above.
It is vital to the Roncalli International Foundation that your contact information and other personal information we have on file be accurate. We invite you to let us know of any change in your information by communicating with us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
At any time, you may consult or modify or request that all your personal data be removed from our records by communicating with us at email@example.com. You may also unsubscribe to our publications.
TO WHOM CAN WE TRANSMIT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The Roncalli International Foundation does not in any way sell nor exchange the personal information of its subscribers, partners, volunteers, employees or donors.
We must however transmit certain personal information to third parties in order to carry out some of our activities, most notably to:
- external agencies for the purposes of recruiting human resources;
- third party service providers and/or partners, in particular those who provide us with direct mail services, solicitation of donations, database analysis, the development of mobile applications, website hosting, maintenance and other services. These third parties may have access to personal information or process it in the context of providing us with services. We limit the information that we transmit to these service providers to only the information that is reasonably necessary for them to be able to carry out their tasks, and the agreements we have entered into with them require that they maintain the confidentiality of such information;
- governmental authorities and agencies charged with enforcing the law, when applicable laws require it. More specifically, we may disclose personal information or other information if we are compelled to do so by law, notably tax legislation, or if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary in order to comply with applicable legislation, a court order, a subpoena or a governmental search warrant, or otherwise to cooperate with such governmental authorities or such law enforcement agencies.
The Foundation may use third party services like Google or Facebook to promote its content. When you visit our website, these third parties may utilize cookies, tracking pixels or other similar technologies on your hard drive to gather or receive information relating to your navigation of our website or other sites on the Internet. These technologies enable the dissemination of relevant and targeted advertising based on your interests. You may view the cookies and delete them if you wish. You therefore have complete control in this respect. We suggest you consult your browser’s settings and make the appropriate changes there.
If you do not want third party sites to store cookies on your hard drive in order to offer you targeted advertising, you can at any time deactivate this option.
For more information, we invite you to consult our Cookies Policy.
FOR HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We only keep personal information for the time required for purposes set out in the present Policy on Privacy and the Protection of Personal Information, and in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. To find out more about the timeframe during which we keep personal information, contact us using one of the options listed in the “How to communicate with us” section below.
WHERE DO WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION AND HOW IS IT PROTECTED?
Personal information is stored on protected information technology systems that use two- or three-factor authentication and are kept in secured physical locations. All files for which there is a hard copy are kept in locked filing cabinets and offices.
We adhere to established industry standards in protecting information that is transmitted to us, both at the time of sending and once we have received it. We also utilize appropriate physical, technical and administrative means of protection against deletion that may occur accidentally or is not in accordance with the law, accidental loss, unauthorized modification, disclosure or access, improper usage or any other illegal form of processing personal information that is in our possession. We have implemented measures that will ensure that the sole staff members who can access your personal information are those who need to in their duties, or whose responsibilities reasonably require that the information be known to them. For the destruction of personal information, that which exists in hard copy is shredded by specialized firms and that which exists in electronic versions is deleted, as are all backups.
However, no means of Internet transmission, nor of electronic storage, is 100 % secure. We cannot, therefore, ensure nor guarantee the security of information you transmit to us or provide us with, and you do so at your own risk. Nor can we guarantee that such information will not be viewed, obtained, disclosed, modified or deleted following a breach of our physical, technical or administrative means of protection. If you have reason to believe that your personal information has been compromised, please contact us immediately using the information mentioned in the section “How to communicate with us”. Should there be an incident that affects the confidentiality of your personal information, we commit to advising you of it as soon as possible subsequent to our becoming aware of it. We will take all reasonable measures to minimize the risk of prejudice, and to avoid the recurrence of incidents of that nature.
HOW TO COMMUNICATE WITH US
To ask a question, make a comment or file a complaint relating to the present Policy on Privacy and the Protection of Personal Information, to contact us regarding your personal information, to exercise your rights, to submit a complaint or to obtain details on our policies and practices regarding our service providers outside of Canada, please communicate with our Privacy Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at +1 (514) 384-5400, extension 224 or by mail at:
Roncalli International Fondation
Attention : Danielle Valiquette
Executive Director and Privacy Officer
9001, l’Acadie Boulevard, Suite 700, Montreal, QC H4N 3H5
HOW IS THE PRESENT POLICY ON PRIVACY AND THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION UPDATED?
We may modify the content of our websites, or our way of using cookies, without notice, and as a result, our Policy on Privacy and the Protection of Personal Information and our Cookies Policy may in the future be modified from time to time. We therefore urge you to consult them each time you visit our website in order to stay informed about our methods for processing personal information.
The present policy was last updated on September 21, 2023 and shall be revised every three years, or in the event of changes to the relevant legislation, or as needed.